The Integrative Wellness Center at the Villa
Our integrative wellness center includes state-of-the-art-holistic protocols including intravenous vitamin drips, chelation therapy, homeopathy, hyperbaric oxygen therapy, CANS (Cardiovascular and Autonomic Nervous System Screening) infrared sauna, prolotherapy, bio-identical natural hormone therapy, metabolic and nutritional counseling.
· IV THERAPY/CHELATION - The IV solutions can contain a single vitamin, such as vitamin C, or a cocktail of vitamins and minerals, including magnesium, B vitamins and zinc. IV therapy/Chelation removes heavy metals from the bloodstream and allows the body to heal blood vessels. EDTA is a synthetic amino acid that is also used in IV Therapy/ Chelation therapy which binds metallic substances such as lead or mercury from the body and forms a stable compound that may be excreted through the urine. It is an excellent way to detox the body and has many other health benefits over long term use.
· INFRARED SAUNA - The infrared sauna stimulates the sebaceous glands to release harmful toxins such as petrochemicals, mercury and other heavy metals. Since humans are bio-accumulators, toxins that cannot be expelled immediately after entry are stored in our bodies. One of the reasons infrared saunas are so beneficial with a variety of different illnesses is because of the ability of it to accelerate the removal of toxins that are often at the core of many different health problems.
· HYPERBARIC CHAMBER - Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is produced by allowing a patient to breathe increased concentrations of oxygen while sitting in a chamber and increasing the pressure around them. By increasing the pressure around a patient while they breathe oxygen, we can increase the amount of oxygen in the blood by as much as 15 times normal levels. The increased pressure condenses the oxygen molecules making more molecules available for the blood to pick up in the lung. There are many indications for this therapy. In general, any condition or disease in which the circulation to the diseased tissue has been compromised will benefit from this therapy.
· CANS - (Cardiovascular and Autonomic Nervous System Screening) Is an FDA approved Class II medical device. It is an accurate tool used to proactively address the cardiovascular needs of patients. For example: Heart Rate Variability, Differential pulse wave index, Stress Score, Stress Levels, Arterial Elasticity and much more.
· PROLOTHERAPY - Prolotherapy is also called RIT (rejuvenation injection therapy) and is used to treat pain by the injection of biological natural substances and local anesthetics into ligaments, tendons, and joint spaces. The injections induce the tissues to release various growth factors to stimulate and promote tissue healing and strengthening. There are no steroids used. Even though Prolotherapy has been used for over 75 years in Europe and the USA, insurance companies will not cover the cost of the procedure.
- BIO-IDENTICAL NATURAL HORMONE THERAPY - Bio-identical natural hormone therapy is a term used to describe therapy with hormones that are identical in structure, chemical composition, size, and function to hormones that are produced in the human body. These hormones are usually produced from plant sources and are a natural product in that aspect as well. The hormone prescription is put together (compounded) by a trained licensed pharmacist in a special area in his pharmacy using special techniques to insure accurate dosing, purity, strength and bio-availability (ability for your body to properly absorb and use the hormones). Dr. Setzler will require salivary testing of the hormone levels to insure that the prescribed dose is appropriate for you.
- SPORTS HEAD INJURIES - Engaging in pro, semi-pro, college, amateur and recreational sports pose a risk of head injury. There has been an increase in prevalence of head injuries in contact sports, such as football, soccer, hockey, boxing, wrestling, martial arts, skating, biking, gymnastics and even baseball, softball, rock climbing, track and field sports, rodeo and race car driving. To date nothing is being done to treat these traumatic brain injuries naturally. We can help, with our world class DO, Dr. Frank Setzler, and our team of seasoned practitioners.
Meet Our MD - Dr. Frank Setzler
Dr Setzler was born in Raymondville, TX, and grew up and attended school in Gladewater, TX. He graduated from the University of Houston and attended medical school at the University of North Texas Health Science Center – College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed his residency in OB-GYN at Brooke Army Hospital, San Antonio, TX, and during this time had additional training at the University of Texas School of Medicine in San Antonio, TX.
Dr. Setzler is a diplomat in holistic medicine of the American Board of Holistic and Integrative Medicine and is certified in Chelation Therapy by the American College for the Advancement of Medicine. Dr. Setzler is also a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and a Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Dr. Setzler is a diplomat and board certified in Ob-Gyn by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the American Osteopathic Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Dr. Setzler has lectured on various topics of holistic medicine and alternative medicine in the USA and in overseas. Dr. Setzler has authored numerous articles in traditional and alternative medicine and has been featured on radio and television advocating and explaining alternative and holistic medicine.
Dr. Setzler is certified in Holistic and Integrative medicine by the American Board of Holistic and Integrative Medicine. He is also certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the American Osteopathic Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He had been recognized as a Fellow of both Obstetric and Gynecology boards. In 2009, Dr. Setzler was recognized by the Consumer’s Research Council of America as on of “America’s Top Physicians”. Dr. Setzler does not consider himself to be a primary care physician. He does not maintain hospital staff privileges or practice in a hospital owned group. The scope of care offered in a complementary medical setting is wider than that of most primary care physicians. Dr. Setzler considers himself to be a holistic, integrative, complementary and alternative physician.
Addiction Treatment Program
Our integrative wellness center at the Villa is also home to an Addiction Treatment Program designed to support individuals in overcoming addictions including but not limited to:
The staff of medical doctors, board certified psychologists and health care practitioners working at The Villa’s Addiction Treatment Program view those suffering with addiction through a humanistic lens with an emphasis on integrative, whole-body medicine. Each individual undergoing treatment will receive a comprehensive personalized set of protocols that suits their particular healing needs.
Our Addiction Treatment Program includes:
* In-Depth Evaluation with Medical Professionals * Individual Diet and Lifestyle Counseling * Personal Training * Spiritual Guidance *
* Organic, Vegan Gourmet Meals *
* Detoxification *
Many addiction recovery centers charge upwards of $15,000 per week, which means the vast majority of Americans would not be able to afford such a treatment. Treatment at The Villa costs an affordable $4,000 per week.
Mental/Emotional/Neurological Disorders we address:
· Alzheimer’s disease/Dementia: A progressive degenerative brain disease, Alzheimer’s affects the areas of the brain where we form memory, cognition and language. We examine underlying causes and implement comprehensive, anti-inflammatory, integrated approach to healing the brain, improving its circulation and eliminating any substance that creates beta amyloid plaque or inflammation.
· Depression/Anxiety: These are potentially both due to a mind and body imbalance. Depression is broken down into 3 categories: reactive (due to an anxiety provoking life vent), physically based (from side effects of medication or other physiological imbalances) and manic depressive (categorized by mood swings). We examine all of the variables that could impact the person’s ability to cope with anxiety and depression and create a specific protocol to help maximize the ability to engage in day to day functioning.
· Brain Anti-Aging: Our brains do not have to become damaged or toxic as we age. Often poor life choices, conditioning and circumstances accelerate brain aging. We implement a brain protective protocol.
· Insomnia: There is nothing like a good night’s sleep! There are many factors that prevent us from falling asleep and staying asleep. It could be from a variety of environmental, physical and behavioral conditions. We implement protocols to address all of these.
· Migraines and headaches: Whether tension headaches or migraines, headaches can be debilitating and prevent us from functioning optimally. They could be caused from such things as food allergies, malnutrition, side effects of medications or even alignment issues of the neck and/or dental issues. We individualize our protocols to help people prevent headaches and manage them via natural means.
· Learning disorders: We cover the gamut of ADD, ADHD, minimal brain functioning and other learning disabilities. These may be the consequence of several factors, including toxicity (environmental, dietary, and medically induced) and nutritional deficiencies and/or food allergies. We take a multifaceted approach in order to assist each person with their unique needs.
· Multiple sclerosis: This is an autoimmune illness where the myelin sheath around the nerve cells is destroyed by the body’s own immune system. Science has shown that environmental, dietary and viral factors are involved. By a comprehensive detoxification and rejuvenation program we influence re-myelinization .
· Parkinson’s disease: This degenerative central nervous system disorder has been associated with encephalitis, exposure to carbon monoxide, heavy metal poisoning and drug use. There has been quite a bit of research that supports our ability to halt the progress of Parkinson’s utilizing natural approaches integrated with medical intervention when needed.
For more information, please contact Luanne Pennesi at 631-504-6198